Very little to report from Asian session
- Chinese New Year holiday, with all major financial centres closed except for Sydney.
- Yen gained some ground primarily on back of AUD/JPY selling.
- Market suspects that Japanese officials will ease back on Yen-bearish rhetoric as G20 approaches.
- One of candidates for BOJ Governorship says that easing policy is justified (obviously not listening to market).
- Yen moved back to opening levels and EUR/AUD has been main session mover, up around 50 pips on the day.
- Japan returns tomorrow, Singapore on Wednesday, HK on Thursday and China is closed all week.