Sam has been trading since 2007. Sam is an ex-army officer and he holds a masters in Leadership. In 2008 Sam joined one of the top 10 Global Forex brokerages, where he worked in both Australia and Singapore. Since then he started a share investing business, SpoonFed Investor and he co-owns FX Renew, a premium Forex signals provider.
Sam is the author of The Advanced Forex Course for Smart Traders, which he spent close to 500 hours developing. He is also author of The Definitive Guide to Building a Winning Forex Trading System.
Heavily influenced by the Market Wizards, the following are five of Sam’s core beliefs on trading:
- Entries give you an edge but position-sizing is how you achieve your trading objectives
- It’s how you trade the market after you enter that matters
- Work on your belief structure first. It will change everything
- Mistakes kill trading systems, so learn to be in the zone and be mistake free
- Trading is 100% psychology, as everything from placing a trade to developing systems is about the quality of your decisions.
Sam’s trading style is rules based discretionary. He looks to define the market type and direction using fundamentals and weekly technicals, and then uses price action to stalk an low risk/high reward entry on lower time frames. He particularity likes low volatility set-ups.
When he holds a position he uses a combination of time-frames to manage the trade. He tends to scale in and trade in and out of his position in the context of a longer term move in order to control risk and build a larger core position.
He believes in using position sizing to risk only a small part of his core trading capital while using markets money to generate open-ended returns. This means that if he is wrong he does not lose money, and if he is right the profit potential can be large.
- Manages the premium auto-signals that will be coming soon to FXWW.
- Manages FX Renew a premium discretionary Forex Trading Signals provider and close partner of FXWW – Get a Free Trial.
- Writes prolifically about Forex. You can follow his newsletter here.
- Author of the Advanced Forex Course for Smart Traders – Get Free Access.
- Follow on Twitter @samtim111 on twitter