The day ahead in the FX market, Wednesday November 21st
- Japanese balance of trade data might have more impact now that volatility has returned to the spot market:
- AUD and CNY leading index indicators should not have a major impact:
- US stocks fell by 0.5% after relatively sober comments from Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and may lead regional Asian markets lower:
- Nikkei should buck the trend with the weaker Yen giving encouragement:
- French 10-year yields rose after the Moody’s downgrade and both US and Australian 10-year yields edged higher; higher US yields will boost USD/JPY bullish sentiment (as if that was needed):
- The EU group meeting will not be making a decision on the date for the next Greek aid payment.