Quick overview of Asian markets
- EUR/USD opened at 1.2805 but quickly fell to 1.2765 after Moody’s announced downgrade of French bonds (not unexpected):
- RBA minutes were slightly more dovish than expected, with line “further easing may be appropriate in the period ahead”, which could mean December or February:
- AUD and CAD sentiment improved after IMF report formally recognised both as reserve currencies:
- BOJ kept policy unchanged as expected:
- China’s FDI fell by 3.5% YoY, a slight improvement on the previous reading:
- Hang Seng +0.8%, Nikkei flat, Gold $1733/oz.