Quick overview of Asian FX market
- Apple stock was over 10% lower in after hours trade giving risk-sentiment in Asia a negative lead:
- AUD/JPY was one of the more active pairs, falling from 93.55 to 93.05 in early Tokyo:
- HSBC China PMI was better than expected and at a 22-month high of 51.9:
- Yen crosses started to rally thereafter:
- Chatter that CEFP would quickly promote aggressive easing gave the Yen crosses a bit more momentum:
- BBC reports that North Korea was set to test more long-range missiles gave USD/JPY extra bullish impetus:
- AUD/JPY topped out on the session near 94.00 and EUR/JPY near 119.10.