Quick overview of Asian FX market
- Fairly quiet in Asia ahead of long weekend in the US:
- Nikkei +1%, Hang Seng +0.6%; Gold $1731/oz:
- HSBC China flash PMI improves 0.9 of a point to 50.4, showing mild expansion in the manufacturing sector:
- EUR/USD targeted and triggered trailing stops above 1.2850 and has been quiet since then:
- EUR/JPY stalled at weekly trendline resistance near 106.20 and retraced:
- AUD popped up 15 pips after the China PMI data but has also retraced:
- Only topic of note was positional adjustment ahead of the US Thanksgiving holiday.