If you are of the opinion that we may get some risk-off sentiment ahead of the long Easter break, then you might consider an entry level near a 61.8% […]
It will be a short week with many traders taking it easy ahead of a long Easter break. I wouldn’t be looking for any big medium-term trading opportunities, I […]
This pair looks like it might become a directional leader in coming weeks and it’s certainly looking a bit soft post-ECB. That said, the BOJ don’t look to be […]
A clean break above 94.10 would suggest a double-bottom pattern with lows at a 38.2% retracement level at 90.75.
Bears can sell with a very tight stop and bulls can […]
The one constant in recent months in the FX market has been lack of conviction amongst traders.
Erstwhile trends like GBP-bullish or JPY-bearish have run out of steam and now […]
I’m already running core long positions in GBP against the EUR and the USD, so perhaps its time to add the JPY as well. My sense is that the […]
I’m certainly not advocating that we should take a long position now ahead of the Yellen testimony .
But, the tide seems to be turning for the risk trades and […]
It’s no surprise to see the ‘euphoria’ regarding the Turkish rate rise quickly evaporate and now we are back in no-man’s land in many of the JPY and CHF […]
My initial reaction to the news is that it smells of panic and might even have an unwelcome effect […]
I’m not much help at the moment as I simply don’t have a good sense of what’s happening in the market. Are we going to see a continuation of […]
Firstly, I’m not picking these moves particularly well at the moment and some of the cross moves in pairs like EUR/AUD have me quite baffled. Nevertheless, I still think […]
- Weekend win in Japanese regional elections by opposition parties will worry Yen shorts;
- Overall positioning still running at extreme levels;
- The topping formation which we started watching last week […]
- Possible topping formation ahead of 143.00 (see chart);
- Needs break and hold below 140.40 to confirm;
- Shorts favoured with stops above 143.25.
Major technical resistance at 105.50 (61.8% retracement) is still the main topside target in USD/JPY.
EUR/JPY should also be interesting near 143.10/20. If a top can form there on the […]
I’m looking at some solid technical resistance near 143.10/20 in EUR/JPY and if this level is tested and holds, then I think it may be very worthwhile entering shorts […]
Any hopes the bears might have had of a topping formation have been dashed with the break above 142.90.
- Possible topping formation in development here with parameters at 141/143 roughly;
- I prefer to play the edges of this range over the next few sessions with a definite bearish bias;
- If […]
- USD/JPY will look toppish so long as the long-term Fibo at 105.50 continues to hold firm; a break below previous highs near 103.70 will likely cause further trimming of […]