I still prefer the bearish bias here but the fact that the cross stayed reasonably well bid despite some Portugese bank jitters does suggest that the market might be […]
There has been plenty of focus on the crosses over the last few sessions with AUD/NZD hogging the limelight yesterday during Asian trade and EUR/GBP taking over the mantle […]
This market has browbeaten me over the last few months so I’m not going to start chasing moves in ranging markets. A source at one of the Prime Brokers […]
USD/JPY has over-extended on the topside and recent history would suggest that range trading is still the obvious way to play this pair. The market was surprised by extreme […]
Reading through some of overnight interbank reports and after a quick look at the charts, I’d suggest a 1.0970/1.1020ish range in the short-term (if we’re lucky) and I have […]
The market has been trying to buy dips and breaks in AUD/NZD but I have the feeling that it may be now a bit long and wrong.
The NZD/USD is […]
Apologies for my silence today and if I haven’t replied to emails or DTs, the dreaded flu has hit me for six
The market remains cautiously bullish on the […]
- Macro players still very long of NZD but short-term market has been getting short after RBNZ and up-coming risk events;
- Interbank market reported some very solid bids yesterday at .8525 […]
It’s the end of July and the holiday season in Europe and the US is getting into full swing. This will go on through the month of August so […]
All NZD traders should take note of the Fonterra board meeting tomorrow afternoon NZ time.
The following is an excerpt from a WestPac report which is available in the FXWW […]
What I’m hearing from some contacts in the broader hedge fund market is that tech stocks and tech investments are very much the buzz words of the moment and […]
- USD/CAD: 200-dma at 1.0830;
- EUR/USD: Large expiries tomorrow at 1.3450;
- Cable: Market eyeing 1.6925 as next important downside level;
- USD/JPY: Seemingly immovable obstructions 101.00/102.50
- AUD/USD: Options players also all over this pair […]
- The general consensus amongst professional analysts is that the Fed will acknowledge the improvement in general labour market conditions, and taper again by $10 billion. This is the outcome […]
I’m not expecting any massive moves but with EUR/JPY looking decidedly toppy, and with heavy longs in pairs like NZD/JPY and GBP/JPY starting to exit the market, I’m still […]
Long GBP has been the trade of choice (along with long NZD) amongst professional traders over the last 6 months. The big macro players are still very long and […]
Absolutely no respite for the NZD today and the bears have taken over control. NZD/USD is encountering waves of selling from multiple directions with long positions exiting en-masse.
I still […]
Reuters headline quoting a newspaper interview with the SNB Chief.
No surprise there.