- RBA Stevens giving a speech this morning and no sign of any talking-down of the AUD;
- Market currently testing overnight highs at .9112;
- 200-dma at .9165 is the next notable resistance […]
The GBP looks to have put in a top for now against the AUD and the EUR and if it’s starting to struggle on the crosses then Cable will […]
I wonder what happened to Monday’s risk aversion when AUD/JPY was trading near 90.00? Now we are 4.5% higher! No point in chasing moves like this but congrats to […]
- AUD/USD has breached previously important technical resistance at .9080 and a daily close above there would be a bullish event;
- EUR/USD is closing in on spike highs near 1.3880 and […]
- Most reports suggest that the market is sitting short of EUR/USD;
- Majority of analysts say ECB will not cut rates but we may see sterilisation of SMP;
- EUR crosses are mixed […]
AUD/USD takes out stops above .9010 after better than expected economic data.
- They do not expect the ECB to ease although they may end the sterilisation of the securities market programme (SMP);
- Cuts to the deposit rate and main refinancing operations (MRO) […]
- Like I mentioned below, I don’t like the fact that AUD/NZD is consolidating at such low levels;
- Cable is back above 1.67 and EUR/GBP is hugging levels near .8200, no […]
Just like yesterday with the GDP data, neither retail sales or trade data is likely to have any major impact on interest rates as the RBA seems […]
There was a lot of talk in the interbank market about the very large bids at 101.35/40 and then last night more talk of big bids 101.50/70. Understandably the […]
The main market focus will be on any mentions of economic growth forecasts with most analysts I’ve read expecting that Beijing will stick with it’s 7.5% growth target.
Any deviation […]
I’ve been building a short position since yesterday inside of the broad consolidation range 1.8560/1.8690. I remain bearish in the short-term and will look to increase risk levels if […]
It’s pretty obvious that the RBA is plotting a very steady course when it comes to interest rates so today’s GDP number shouldn’t really have any lasting impact. Nevertheless, […]
The traditional risk trades like AUD/CHF and EUR/JPY have rallied after Russian President Putin reportedly ordered his troops to return to their bases.
(Edit: Just to reiterate that these are […]
My GBP/AUD trade is looking healthier after some reasonably upbeat Australian housing data.
I’m hoping for a short-term test of 1.8550.
Today’s RBA meeting will keep interest rate policy steady but it will be interesting to see what the RBA has to say in it’s statement on 3 big issues;
- Inflation […]
- Risky strategy given the strong up-trend but for all the aforementioned reasons, I think the biggest danger in the market is that over-extended positions start to reduce;
- Market is very […]
In the short-term, the overly long GBP market will remain vulnerable to squeezes whilst the geo-political tensions surrounding Ukraine continue. One can make a strong medium-term case for being […]