- There were large stops reported yesterday below 1.6760 but interestingly the overnight low was exactly 60. This suggests to me that there is a large bid at this level […]
The AUD is in sharp reverse across all the crosses and the stop-losses reported earlier in the AUD/USD below .9290 are currently being targeted. Support levels don’t really tighten […]
The AUD/USD opened this morning around .9330 and has edged slowly higher on the back of demand from real-money funds.
Further gains are also likely to be hard-fought with hedge […]
There are some large stop-loss buy orders above 1.6830 in the cable and although that’s still 40 pips away, I’d still suggest that care is warranted. If the Algos […]
AUD/USD has moved almost 300 pips from our entry levels and it would be silly not to book at least some profit at these levels. There is […]
There was talk last week of heavy stops in GBP/AUD below 1.8100 and it looks like they’ve just been targeted and triggered. Cable is 20 pips lower at 1.6470 […]
- Prime brokers refer to large offers starting above .9125 through .9140;
- Local bank reported very solid bids near .9065.
If in doubt, stick to the range.
This is the HSBC update on IMM figures good up until last Tuesday.
- Long USD positions fell to USD9.6bn from a peak in early February of 25.3bn;
- Long EUR positions rose […]
- Equity markets across the region will open around 0.5% lower;
- Tensions in the Ukraine are still simmering and 1 headline could spark more risk aversion;
- The apparent terrorist attack on Malaysian […]
First thing this morning we saw a sharp move higher in USD/CNY, orchestrated by agent banks of the PBOC. Their ploy was obviously to force the big speculators out […]
It’s always difficult to gauge exactly how much still needs to be done or even how much will be done in total but I think it’s a safe guess […]
I admit I’ve said the same thing before in recent months, and I’ve also said exactly the opposite, and each time the demon range-trader has come out to make […]
- AUD/USD failed again near .8980 after the RBA policy statement;
- 2 billion expiry later tonight at .8940 and another 1 billion at .8900 ensured that the sellers didn’t wait too […]
GBP/JPY was the main mover yesterday driven by a carnage of trailing stops across the board; USD/JPY stops below 101.70 were indeed sizeable, Cable stops post-data were also significant […]
Last time that USD/JPY traded under 102.00 there were reports in the market that semi-official players like Kampo were on the bid. I can’t confirm it yet, but the […]
Not much happening in the FX market this morning despite lower stockmarkets across the region.
- USD/JPY turnover above 102.75 was extremely heavy yesterday with Prime Brokers suggesting that macro longs […]
- Nikkei has opened 2.6% lower but is edging higher in early trade;
- Gold is +$7;
- USD/JPY has rebounded from it’s stop-loss drive below 102.00 to be back at opening levels near […]
Just as well we waited for confirmation of those bids at 102.00 as there appears to have been nothing at all. The market gapped straight lower to 101.80 and […]