The number was slightly above expectations and the market seems happy to try buying the AUD. AUD/NZD got a boost after the RBNZ this morning and there are big […]
A reliable Prime Brokerage source suggests that we could be in for quite a battle if cable trades down towards 1.7070. There are decent bids starting near there but […]
- Iron ore futures are +1.75% in early Asian trade;
- End-of-fin-year flows are expected to be AUD positive (although most of bigger flows are surely already complete).
- USD/CAD: Technical support at a 50% retracement level 1.0725;
- AUD/USD: Recent daily highs at .9460;
- Cable: Recent daily highs at 1.7060.
EUR and JPY are also making modest session gains against the […]
I’m hearing pretty much the same story as yesterday, a decent sized sell order near 1.7010 is still capping the market and protecting stops above 1.7020 for now.
Bids are […]
I’m sticking with my strong buy-dip bias in the AUD/USD and I expect the AUD to continue to make strong gains on the crosses. But we may well be […]
It’s getting increasingly hard for professional traders to generate any returns in these markets and it’s no surprise to see hedge funds clambering once more onto their favoured USD/JPY […]
- There were offers of up to $1 billion at regular intervals on the interbank platforms starting at 102.25;
- The fact that these offers were chewed up shows how strongly ‘bid’ […]
All of the AUD buying over the last 24 hours has been cross-related judging from interbank flow reports in any case.
AUD/NZD (Kylie ) has of course been the […]
- Cable looks to be offering the clearest sell signal with resistance levels now likely to be very firm between 1.6850/80 in a market that is already very long at […]
It’s always difficult to know how much (if anything) was pre-bought ahead of such M&A deals. What we can say is that the cancellation of the deal will blunt […]
Just reading some flow information from BOFA in the FXWW chat-room which suggests that hedge funds are getting back on the Yen bear trade.
The AUD has also come in […]
The second level of intraday stops were reported this morning below .9270 (first below .9310) and it looks like we will have an imminent try at triggering them. I’m […]
All those hoping for some volatility in USD/JPY may be disappointed again. I’m hearing reports of very solid bids towards 101.25 which will prove difficult to budge. Sellers are […]
I read some reports this morning of large-ish stops in USD/CAD below 1.0925 and it’s worth keeping an eye on this level.
- Citi bank reporting that end-of-month hedge re-balancing flows are likely to be relatively neutral. In fact we could see negative flows in the USD, EUR and GBP which is […]
- Cable caught a bid tone on the back of M&A chat;
- EUR/GBP is well bid on the back of anticipated CB buying;
- EUR/NZD demand has been noted by one of the […]
- There were large stops reported yesterday below 1.6760 but interestingly the overnight low was exactly 60. This suggests to me that there is a large bid at this level […]