First thing this morning we saw a sharp move higher in USD/CNY, orchestrated by agent banks of the PBOC. Their ploy was obviously to force the big speculators out […]
It’s always difficult to gauge exactly how much still needs to be done or even how much will be done in total but I think it’s a safe guess […]
I admit I’ve said the same thing before in recent months, and I’ve also said exactly the opposite, and each time the demon range-trader has come out to make […]
- AUD/USD failed again near .8980 after the RBA policy statement;
- 2 billion expiry later tonight at .8940 and another 1 billion at .8900 ensured that the sellers didn’t wait too […]
GBP/JPY was the main mover yesterday driven by a carnage of trailing stops across the board; USD/JPY stops below 101.70 were indeed sizeable, Cable stops post-data were also significant […]
Last time that USD/JPY traded under 102.00 there were reports in the market that semi-official players like Kampo were on the bid. I can’t confirm it yet, but the […]
Not much happening in the FX market this morning despite lower stockmarkets across the region.
- USD/JPY turnover above 102.75 was extremely heavy yesterday with Prime Brokers suggesting that macro longs […]
- Nikkei has opened 2.6% lower but is edging higher in early trade;
- Gold is +$7;
- USD/JPY has rebounded from it’s stop-loss drive below 102.00 to be back at opening levels near […]
Just as well we waited for confirmation of those bids at 102.00 as there appears to have been nothing at all. The market gapped straight lower to 101.80 and […]
- Very quiet start today in Asia with Australian markets closed;
- There is early market talk of solid bids at 102.00 but I would wait for confirmation.
- 1.3500 in EUR/USD looks like it might be a key level, if that breaks then look for a sell-rally strategy in EUR pair of your choice;
- EUR/GBP is heading lower […]
- Large barriers at 1.1000 in USD/CAD have been taken out;
- Emerging Asian currencies are getting hit hard late in the session;
- AUD suffering on back of above two and at intraday […]
- Asian real money sellers capped the pair on Friday near .8820;
- Sentiment remains bearish as the market plays it as a ‘Chinese credit bubble’ proxy;
- Technical target at .8570, a 50% […]
Our analysis of the major interbank platforms shows a heavy slant towards NZD selling this morning. Asian real money names are getting the blame, just as they did yesterday […]
Asian real money names have been the big sellers of AUD/USD since it broke lower yesterday but our hedge fund insider @FXWW888 has been reporting in the chat-room […]
No let up for the AUD/USD and the break below .8820 has brought even more sellers into the market.
Interbank platforms are still showing some heavy AUD supply although profit […]
Reserve names and real-money funds have been buying GBP against the USD, EUR, JPY and AUD in early London trade (keep an eye on the chatroom for updates).
- USD/JPY: Technical resistance at 104.50 and sizeable sell orders at 104.60/65.
- USD/CAD: Barriers at 1.0975 and 1.1000.
- USD/CHF: Stops below .8980.
- EUR/JPY: Strong technical resistance near 143.20.