Unfortunately the early-European move in EUR/USD has followed recent market behaviour and started trading sideways after a sharp 50 pip move. Once market expectations become entrenched, it’s pretty hard […]
- Citi FX strategy ‘trade of the week’ is short EUR/USD;
- Morgan Stanley ‘trade of the week’ is short EUR/JPY;
- I have not spoken to one professional trader over the last 3/4 […]
- EUR crosses continue to look very heavy and the weekly close below .8000 in EUR/GBP certainly strengthens the bear’s case.
- EUR/NZD is in a solid downtrend.
- EUR/JPY is still the great […]
Plenty of people asking me about the big pairs, EUR/USD and USD/JPY, as this is what they are used to trading and they find it difficult to start concentrating […]
All of the majors are higher against the USD in early European trade with well-chronicled stops in EUR/USD, cable and AUD/USD providing the targets. With the Fed now out […]
You know my thoughts on the EUR/USD by now, neither currency is worth buying. But the recent downtrend in this pair has run out of steam and a base […]
- EUR/USD has stalled on a number of occasions at important technical support neat 1.3500 and there are certain to be trailing stops on the topside;
- EUR/GBP has been on a […]
The EUR looks very sick on all of the major crosses and as they are the most recent addition to the negative rates/QE club, I’d expect this negative EUR […]
All of the signals are pointing toward a lower EUR/USD but the most important one, market momentum, suggests that it will have trouble breaking lower onto a new plane.
Once a market starts trading sideways it finds it very difficult to suddenly generate impulsive trend-building momentum. There were some very large shorts built up in the EUR since […]
The market has written in a reduced Refi rate, a negative Discount rate, and some extra LTRO-like measures into tonight’s ECB rate decision. My sources in Germany tell me […]
Another very quiet 24 hours in the FX market and all of the major pairs seem to be trading exactly where they were at the beginning of the trading […]
- EUR/USD: Back trading around 1.3635/40 which was the major breakdown level. The market has been building shorts ahead of the ECB and we may see fairly tight ‘nervous’ trailing […]
As I said earlier in the week, the USD looks set to make further gains against the big European currencies and these trades are starting to develop […]
- EUR/GBP is consolidating below previous support at .8160 and medium-term bear targets near .77 are starting to come into view;
- EUR/AUD ran into a brick wall near the previous long-term […]
- Firstly, recent history would suggest that we are much more likely to see range trading markets than any impulsive trends;
- Secondly, many of the same people turning bearish EUR/USD on […]
My German trading Freunde are expecting so read some clarification in the weekend press regarding the Bundesbank position on any ECB easing. Don’t expect the Buba to have suddenly […]
Plenty of stops got done yesterday amid unusually heavy turnover across all EUR pairs during early European trade.
Support levels in EUR/USD towards 1.3650 have been confirmed in my view […]