- Citi FX strategy ‘trade of the week’ is short EUR/USD;
- Morgan Stanley ‘trade of the week’ is short EUR/JPY;
- I have not spoken to one professional trader over the last 3/4 […]
- EUR crosses continue to look very heavy and the weekly close below .8000 in EUR/GBP certainly strengthens the bear’s case.
- EUR/NZD is in a solid downtrend.
- EUR/JPY is still the great […]
It’s been another very slow start to the interbank trading week with most of the major pairs hanging around Friday’s closing levels. There are no major economic events in […]
Plenty of people asking me about the big pairs, EUR/USD and USD/JPY, as this is what they are used to trading and they find it difficult to start concentrating […]
The EUR looks very sick on all of the major crosses and as they are the most recent addition to the negative rates/QE club, I’d expect this negative EUR […]
All of the signals are pointing toward a lower EUR/USD but the most important one, market momentum, suggests that it will have trouble breaking lower onto a new plane.
The ECB decisions from yesterday make this trade an even more attractive proposition and I see no reason not to be selling any small rallies in expectation of a […]
The market has written in a reduced Refi rate, a negative Discount rate, and some extra LTRO-like measures into tonight’s ECB rate decision. My sources in Germany tell me […]
- EUR/GBP is consolidating below previous support at .8160 and medium-term bear targets near .77 are starting to come into view;
- EUR/AUD ran into a brick wall near the previous long-term […]
The market was bullish EUR/USD at 1.3950 pre-ECB and is now bearish 250 pips lower. The dovish statement shouldn’t have come as that much of a surprise and with […]
I certainly think there is significant potential for more downside in the EUR but this will happen mainly on the crosses I think. EUR/CAD, EUR/AUD, EUR/JPY etc are all […]
The majority of bank analysts are expecting no changes in policy or language from the ECB later today but I’m hearing a slightly different story.
The ECB will not be […]
It seems to me that the majority of traders, both professional and retail, are bearish EUR/USD. Whether they are short or not is another question. Certainly in the greater […]
- EUR/AUD is currently breaking above prior highs and a 38.2% retracement level near 1.5000;
- EUR/GBP is trading sideways but heavy stops are reported above .8250;
- EUR/JPY, like mentioned earlier, is threatening […]
- Cable caught a bid tone on the back of M&A chat;
- EUR/GBP is well bid on the back of anticipated CB buying;
- EUR/NZD demand has been noted by one of the […]