Reading through some of overnight interbank reports and after a quick look at the charts, I’d suggest a 1.0970/1.1020ish range in the short-term (if we’re lucky) and I have […]
The market has been trying to buy dips and breaks in AUD/NZD but I have the feeling that it may be now a bit long and wrong.
The NZD/USD is […]
Apologies for my silence today and if I haven’t replied to emails or DTs, the dreaded flu has hit me for six
The market remains cautiously bullish on the […]
- Macro players still very long of NZD but short-term market has been getting short after RBNZ and up-coming risk events;
- Interbank market reported some very solid bids yesterday at .8525 […]
It’s the end of July and the holiday season in Europe and the US is getting into full swing. This will go on through the month of August so […]
All NZD traders should take note of the Fonterra board meeting tomorrow afternoon NZ time.
The following is an excerpt from a WestPac report which is available in the FXWW […]
What I’m hearing from some contacts in the broader hedge fund market is that tech stocks and tech investments are very much the buzz words of the moment and […]
Absolutely no respite for the NZD today and the bears have taken over control. NZD/USD is encountering waves of selling from multiple directions with long positions exiting en-masse.
I still […]
Most of the action is still in the flightless bird with stops triggered below .8590 in NZD/USD and the AUD/NZD cross trading above 1.1000.
The number was slightly above expectations and the market seems happy to try buying the AUD. AUD/NZD got a boost after the RBNZ this morning and there are big […]
The monthly trade data for June has just been released and it came in slightly better than expected. Despite this, the NZD hasn’t shown any propensity to bounce.
I’m still […]
- Iron ore prices have been falling in recent months but export volumes have been increasing with BHP Billiton announcing new record levels of production;
- Yesterday’s CPI data will keep the […]
- My macro view remains the same that the commodity currencies will stay strong whilst the big 3 will remain weak as they continue with QE;
- Interest rates in NZ remain […]
I think many people can make a very solid argument that the RBNZ should not have tightened this time either, but after the strong tone from the last meeting […]
- Industry research still suggests large inventories of milk powder in particular in China;
- Geo-political tensions in Eastern Europe and the Middle East will keep risk-sentiment nervous;
- The NZD is at close […]
- Very solid technical resistance now at 96.55;
- Short-term market sentiment seems to have swung in JPY favour;
- The RBA will continue to try and talk the AUD down;
- USD/JPY is in sideways […]
It looks unlikely that this level will be tested today unless of course the Chinese GDP data surprises significantly to the topside.
Hourly support levels start around .9330. Pretty hard […]