For me the AUD/NZD has always been a classic range trade in the long-term; buy it under 1.10, sell it above 1.35, and stay out of it around 1.20. […]
A former colleague of mine who now works in the real world, gets a very deep insight into actual retail demand in most of the major economic centres.
He still […]
These have been two of the more persistent bear trends in the crosses in recent months but both pairs are starting to show signs that a ‘bottom’ may be […]
- One of the big prime brokers reported that sell orders from hedge funds above .9080 were cancelled after the bullish break in Silver.
- Chart resistance is very clear near .9080 […]
- AUD/USD failed again near .8980 after the RBA policy statement;
- 2 billion expiry later tonight at .8940 and another 1 billion at .8900 ensured that the sellers didn’t wait too […]
The continuation pattern on AUD/USD has now broken bullishly and buying dips to .8935 now makes good sense.
I bought back into AUD/NZD on yesterday’s dip and am hoping that the next leg higher will take us towards 1.10. Today’s economic data might be the […]
The AUD is losing some ground this morning, especially on the crosses, with media speculation re RBA policy the main driver.
AUD/NZD has dipped back below 1.0820 and I’m using […]
My target at 1.0900 has been reached and I’ve booked initial profits on my long trade.
Now looking for dips back towards 1.0750 to re-enter longs.
- Like I mentioned below, current moves in the FX market are being driven by positional liquidation;
- The market is short of AUD/NZD and there is no major technical resistance until […]
The big market positions built up over the last several months have been JPY shorts, GBP longs and NZD longs. We saw 2 of these taking a hit overnight […]
Don’t get me wrong, I’m long and think that we go quite a bit higher in the longish-term, but the down trend has been strong and will fight back […]
The NZD is getting hit in early Asian trade after the RBNZ made no change to policy, as expected. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to get […]
A combination of a lower Nikkei post-lunch and comments from Heather Ridout that the AUD/USD rate should be closer to 80 cents have sent AUD/JPY tumbling below 90.00 and […]
Firstly, I’m not picking these moves particularly well at the moment and some of the cross moves in pairs like EUR/AUD have me quite baffled. Nevertheless, I still think […]
Just when we expect nothing to happen, the data surprises and the weighted median CPI is back above 2.6% which is significant.
AUD/USD has triggered stops above .8850 although dealers […]
Not much to get excited about in overnight trade and the market will now focus on the Australian CPI data in a little over 30 minutes. This may add […]
- Large barriers at 1.1000 in USD/CAD have been taken out;
- Emerging Asian currencies are getting hit hard late in the session;
- AUD suffering on back of above two and at intraday […]