AUD/USD outlook, Friday August 16th.
- Risk aversion brought on by lower equity markets inspired heavy selling in AUD/JPY and AUD/CHF.
- Surge in metals should provide good support for AUD.
- AUD/JPY nearing technical support, as mentioned below.
- AUD/USD likely to trade in volatile .90/.93 range in coming week as market swings from USD-bearishness to risk-aversion. I’m looking to play as close to edges of this range as possible.
- Not much on today’s economic calendar apart from Guy Debelle speech. Look to metal and equities for leads.