AUD/USD: I don’t care, I’m staying bearish for now
- Demand for commodities is easing and prices are falling.
- Precious metal prices also look to have broken lower.
- The RBA is likely to cut rates again by 25 bps in June.
- Technicals can be basically forgotten in sideways, ranging markets.
- Some of the crosses like EUR/AUD and AUD/NZD look to have turned bearish on the AUD.
- Same applies to US economy as below; overall improvement but Fed policies are still a drag on the USD.
- The market is structurally long and I can’t help but feel that 1.04 is simply not the level at which to be long!
- I’m sticking firmly to my guns here that we will see 95 cents before new highs at 1.11.